With Kindergarten comes a lot of learning about routines. They need to raise their hands, walk in a straight line, and wait their turn with the drinking fountain. They also go though the process of safety during a fire drill. I had my own students to care for during Cameron's first fire drill of her elementary career, and didn't really think much of how it went for her class, that is, until we were riding home.
Kaylee and Cameron are buckling in their seats as I started up the truck simotaniously peering over my shoulder to back up. Kaylee looks over at her sister and says, "Cameron, why were you doing that today?"
"Doing what?" she replies acting innocent.
"You know what I am talking about, Cam. You were going like this with your arms during the fire drill," she says as she stretches out her limbs and starts moving them so they look as if they were octopus legs floating in water.
I am watching Kaylee's arms move using the rearview mirror and I look at Cameron who was being unusually quiet. She's watching her sister and says, "It wasn't that bad."
I chimed in, "What wasn't that bad, Cameron?"
Before she could answer Kaylee was quick to reply, "MOM, you should've see her! She was in the back of the line with her arms going crazy, yelling 'FIRE!! FIRE!! FIRE!!' "
Wondering if she was exagerating, "Was it really that bad, Kaylee?"
"No mom, it was worse! Not only was she causing the other kids to start screaming, she would fall down every few steps and pretend she had fainted! My whole class was laughing at her. I was so embarrassed."
Oh boy...Cameron has a lot to learn about kindergarten still.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment