Saturday, December 13, 2008

Family Movie Night

My computer is still broken and being repaired, so until then I will blog on Eric's computer occasionally and add pictures later when my computer is back. We have a family movie night with our kids every Friday night. We all cuddle on the couch and eat candy while watching our movie. The girls take turns picking out movies that they want to watch. Kaylee usually picks a movie that involves a dog such as snow buddies, and Cameron usually picks out a movie about a princess. (Believe me, sometimes these movies can be hard to sit though, but we do it for our kids regardless.)

This past Friday we were at a birthday party for our cousin Teddy, so movie night was tonight instead. Eric wanted to take them to the movie theater to see "Bolt" which is a movie about a girl and her dog. This movie was fun to watch because the whole thing was in 3D which has improved immensely since I was a kid. I even jumped a few times. Kaylee's favorite part was that the dog in the movie had superpowers. She came home from the movie and got all white pj's on to pretend that she was the dog with superpowers. The special effects at the end of the movie was some of Kaylee's favorite scenes. Cameron's favorite part was when the dog saved his owner from the fire at the end of the movie. Cameron sat on my lap the whole time, and she even cried during some of the sad parts and she laughed out loud a lot at the crazy hamster named Rhino.



Before we left for the movies, the girls and I were waiting in the car. Eric had gone back inside to get a towel because Brooklyn had just jumped into his new car with really dirty paws and marked up the seats. Needless to say, Eric was pretty mad about the incident. Cameron comments on Eric's mood by calling him a crab and then says, "He should start walking sideways just like a crab." Such a random comment, however, I found it pretty hilarious as well as very insightful. Overall, it was a fun night with the girls, and I can't wait to see what we'll be watching next week.

No comments: