Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

We have been celebrating Christmas for awhile with different parties and celebrations. Our first party started last Saturday at my mom's house. Lance was able to come from Michigan with Shawn despite the bad forecast of weather, as well as my aunt Jeannie and Uncle Ray. Even Lane was able to make it out from LA, but he has been out west long enough that the snow and ice in the Midwest was uncomfortable for him. We had an awesome dinner made by my mom and were so full by the end of the night. Then the kids got a lot of presents like always. The Legos were a big hit with my nephew Simon and Kaylee. Cameron got some T-shirts from Shawn's new clothing line she is starting. I can't wait to order some new pieces from her, and I hope to convince Kaylee to even wear some. My nephew Adam is so fun to watch open presents. He cheers every time he opens one no matter what it is. If we wrapped a box of rocks, he still would've cheered. We all had a great time....Thanks mom and dad!
Lane took a picture of Eric and I since my kids were too busy playing with their cousins.

Uncle Lance giving the kids some tatoos with markers.

What a cutie! He's still smiling from all the presents.
On Christmas Eve, we went to a candlelight service at Church. Kaylee was excited that she was able to sing her favorite worship song (Here I Am) and hold a candle. Cameron loved holding the as well, and asked me, "Do I have to blow this candle out before I bring it in Dad's new car?" After church we went to Eric's parents house and his mom made a huge dinner spread including her famous honey roast which is Eric's favorite meat ever. After that we all watched the kids open their presents. Kaylee got a couple more sets of Legos and has been working on them non-stop. Kaylee's uncle Brad got her a Cubs jersey which she immediately put on and slept in that night. I don't know how I am going to wash it because she never wants to take it off! Kaylee also slept with a volleyball in her bed that her aunt Kelly picked out for her. Cameron got a party cruiser boat for her Barbies which she set up with her Nana on Christmas Day. She also got a pet monkey that she has been pushing around in a stroller.

Since we were out late on Christmas Eve, the girls didn't wake up as early as we anticipated on Christmas Day. I think they both were up around 8 which means that Eric and I got to sleep in a little bit. After the girls opened their presents from "Santa" they started playing with all the new toys every chance they got. Cameron has been baking cakes and cookies with her new kitchen tools and Kaylee is still working on more Legos. Our house will soon look like Legoland!
We had some family come over to fondue with us. We tried a new beer and cheese fondue with bread which was pretty good. Then we had shrimp, steak, and chicken fondue along with some veggies for the main meal. For dessert we had a chocolate fondue with fruit and marshmallows. Fondue was a family tradition in my family growing up, and since it is so easy to prepare around the holidays and still have time to enjoy watching the kids play it might become a new family tradition for my family as well. I know that the kids enjoyed the food which is always enjoyable for a mom.

Since my computer is still at the store being repaired, I will have to add the pictures to the blog later. I am sure I will have a lot since we still have more family parties to go to this weekend.

No comments: