Saturday, October 17, 2009

The End of Fall Soccer Season

The latest soccer season has come to another close. This always comes with mixed feelings for me. Running the kids to all their practices becomes very tiring, but watching their games is such a thrill. Kaylee really blossomed this season and is really understanding the game and the strategies involved. She scored 6 goals this season and even had a hat trick on the last game of the season. She is staying with these coaches and entering an indoor soccer game this winter. A little faster pace game, but I think Kaylee will really enjoy it. Here's my favorite picture of her this season.
Here's the rest of the team---The White Skeletons!!
Cameron also completed her first soccer season this weekend. I am so proud of her efforts on the soccer field. When Kaylee was in Cameron's league, she got hit in the face with a soccer ball during practice. Kaylee's entire first season she never touched the ball. In fact, if the ball was rolling towards her she ran in the other direction. Cameron trying to touch the ball every time she plays which I consider a huge success.
Playing the game is not Cameron's favorite part of soccer though. Before starting their last game the coach asks the team, "Who wants to sit out the first quarter?" and Cam's hand is the first raised in the air. Later we asked her why she offered to sit out. She reply, "I just like to chat." We even saw the subs form a congo line on the sidelines at one point during the game.
Afterwards, the coaches rewarded the kids with a trophy, snacks, and a giant cupcake. It was a good first season.
I posted video of Cam playing soccer earlier, and here's a short one of Kaylee. (I didn't video her much because her games were too fun to watch live.)

No comments: