These are friends I have known for awhile and we have been through many things together. Some bad, but overall, more good. We have watched our kids grow up together. We celebrated each pregnancy together and held each others newborns in our arms when they were only weeks old. We've had long conversations on nap schedules, breastfeeding, clothing, and, of course, our favorite topic...food. Now that our kids are older and school has started we don't get as many opportunities to see each other, but always pick up where we left off. I love that quality in a friend.
I love these friends and we will be friends for a lifetime. When we are seventy Cort will still be a hot styling lady showing off her latest fashions that she scored on sale. Susan will still be flashing her gorgeous smile while she offers words of kindness and encouragement telling us that our wrinkles don't make us look a day over 40. I'll still be easily excited during our board games sessions and smack lights while trying to high five my partners. It's possible that we will still be training for races, however, I know that we will definitely be dying our hair blonde.
Over the weekend though I realized something. We have only just begun in our stories of family life. We all have two children right now, however, one couple will be united with a son of Haitian descent in the coming year. The other couple have openly said that they want to have more kids. There are so many stories that have yet to be seen. More kids to get to know and love. I love that my kids are going to have memories of playing with their kids and I love that there are so many more memories to be made.
I cherish my friends and hopefully, I will be able to post a little something about all of you. Until then...here's to a very bright future.
Here's my girls, or Charlies Angel's girls for the weekend.
My hottie husband.
Captain Dan and his bride, Cort who were so gracious to invite us to their cottage.
2 comments:
love u guys! :)
Lauren - you are so talented! Thanks for summarizing a wonderful weekend and beautiful friendship so well! Love you, Sue
Post a Comment