Kaylee was ready for softball to start. She is finally done with playing t-ball and anxious to move to the next level. Most of her practices were cancelled ahead of opening day do to the major amount of rain we have been getting lately, so I wasn't expecting the girls to be as organized as they were. One nice aspect of the day was that Simon was playing on the field next to Kaylee's, so we caught him at bat. He did a really nice job and I think he is going to like his baseball team better than T-ball.
I think her coaches are really nice and I think that they are going to have a good season. During the pep talk from the coach one of the teammates raised her hand and said, "My aunt told me that even if we get hit with a ball in the knee, just to suck it up and keep on playing." This might be the best piece of advice for 7 year old girls to use during their first season with real pitchers.
Kaylee's team are called the Wizards, and not only is this the first year with pitchers, it's the first season with the girls saying cheers from the dugout. While I was accustom to the chants when I played softball, apparently, they are not used in baseball, and I think that Eric will find them annoying very quickly.
Kaylee did very well in her first game. She had a really nice base hit and was able to field the ball one time as well. Most importantly, she really enjoys being back out there. While watching the game, we were trying to convince Cameron to start playing ball. She had no interest in this until we told her that after the games the coach gives the players money to spend at the concession stands. Cameron loves the concession stand and is now seriously considering joining just to buy herself a warm pretzel or nachos. While this is total bribery, I still want her to try this sport next year. She might really like it, or at the very least she will get some nachos.

No comments:
Post a Comment