Kaylee was able to participate in a picnic lunch earlier this month with her friend Noah. They had a bird theme in which they ate nests and eggs (Rice Krispies with jelly beans), bird beaks (Bugles), bird legs (shoestrings), etc. Kaylee had so much fun. I was lucky to catch her enjoying her lunch while walking my students back to class.
Also this month the kids celebrated penguin day. In art class we had been preparing for penguin day by creating costumes and paper mache' penguins. They marched in their costumes and held their mini penguins while watching a movie in class. Here's Kaylee showing off her completed projects.
While I enjoyed a lot of the projects they made in my class this year, my favorite is still the leaf bowl. Here's how Kaylee's turned out. The picture doesn't do the project justice. IT will be a keepsake used every year.
Having Kaylee is class is the highlight of my week, and for right now, I know that Kaylee enjoys coming to see me as well. I will post more projects next month when the art show is complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment