Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cameron's Witty Sense of Humor

Cameron has been been keeping us laughing since birth. She really tickled our funny bone this week with some comments that have earned her a reputation for being witty.


The first evidence of this was when Kim dropped her off on Tuesday. Kim was giving me the story of their day together and commented on the amount of food that Cameron ate for lunch. I jokingly asked Cameron if she had an empty leg for all that food.


Not really thinking about my conversation with Kim earlier, we were eating dinner later that evening. Cameron finished her plate of food and pushes it away. Then she looks at me and says, "Both my legs are full." Kaylee and I thought that was so funny.


Later in the week, we were going to church to meet our MOPS group. Bonnie works at the church and has been a family friend for years. She had been given the nickname Aunt Bunny by Kaylee who couldn't say it properly when she was little. I asked Cameron if she was ready to go see her Aunt Bunny, and Cameron replies, "Mom, did you know that her name is Bonnie?"


Yesterday Kaylee and I were joking around in and laughing in my bedroom. Cameron comes in and says, "Are you laughing in here? I am kinda jealous." I am amazed at how well this little 4 year old can communicate her feelings, and her attention to detail is astounding. You never know what she is going to pick up or say next. If you ask her a question, she always answers in a complete sentence. You ask her if she likes something the answer is never just a yes, it is like, "Yes, I do." or "No, I do not."


Another thing about Cameron that has been funny this winter is her denial about it being cold outside. Everyday she still puts sundresses on despite the 25 degree temp and we just have to layer her with leggings and sweaters. She hates wearing socks and shoes and avoids them at all costs. She was so thrilled that the weather was unusually warm yesterday (50+) and she got her flip-flops on.


She has always had an unhealthy obsession with cupcakes. We read books and magazines about cupcakes, make them in her cupcake maker, and she even wants me to call her cupcake. Recently we found this blog called, http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/ , in which we look at different cupcakes online everyday. Here she is posing with a cupcake that her Nana gave her at her house a couple of weeks ago.


Funny thing is, I don't think she really like to eat cupcakes. She normally take two or three bites and leaves the rest. I think her fasination with the food is because she is just as sweet.

No comments: