Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fall Days at the Soccer Field

So...I am finally starting a blog. I have thought about it a lot over the years, but haven't really gotten around to it. I was sure what I really want to blog about...there are just so many things. It would be a great way to organize recipes or showcase my art students talents online, however, the most precious thing in my life are my children. As I watch my own children grow and change into these awesome little blessings, I often find myself telling them to stop. I want to remember this time that I have with my kids, and also have an opportunity to tell them about what made them unique. Becoming a mom was the most powerful and positive experience of my life. They have taught me so much about life and love, and about the kind of woman I want to be. It is hard to believe that my kids are already 6 and 3. I thought I would remember everything about infancy and the toddler stage, but in reality, my "mommy brain" has taken over and my memories are fuzzier than I'd like. While I still want to scrapbook, spare time is limited. This is a much quicker and easier way to preserve memories, and I can share them with my family and friends.
As a small disclaimer, I am not posting this blog because I think that I know everything about motherhood. Actually, the opposite is more realistic. It is mainly just a way for me to treasure the good times and laugh at the rest. Boy, my children give me a lot of laugh about these days.

Tigerlily is my oldest one. We nicknamed her this because of her free spirit, wild creativity, and the her love of the color orange. She is crazy about sports which is a good way to channel all that energy. In the fall she likes to play soccer and she was lucky enough be on the Orange Fireball Team this year. She really has learned a lot about the game this season, and plays a variety of positions although she enjoys playing forward best.

Warming up with the team and coach Trish.

Despite being young for the league, Tigerlily is really fast.

She is always smiling.

My youngest daughter we have nicknamed babydoll. She recieved this nickname because she is more fragile and femine than Tigerlily, however, don't let this fool you. She is definately a girl that knows what she likes, and isn't afraid to ask for it. She enjoys the soccer games from the park next to the field. Today her cousin C was there to play with her. She has told us that she is going to play soccer next year, however, I am convinced it will only be for the snacks and drinks the kids recieve after the game.

No comments: