Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Preschool Dropout (Well, Almost)

Cameron has been wanting to go to preschool ever since Kaylee started preschool two years ago. Every time we dropped Kaylee off at school, Cam would play with the Angel Academy's kitchen set before we could leave. Finally the big day arrived, so we packed her "Hello Kitty" backpack and headed off to Sonshine Enrichment Center.

Gotta love those big brown eyes!
The theme of the day was a rodeo, so they had a lot of songs and activities related to their theme.
Cameron was asked to sit on the rug, and she immediately went and sat on the letter "C". She tries to sit in that same spot every class.
Eric and I were both were invited for the first day of school, and by the look of Cameron in the picture above, she is thrilled to have us there. Ha ha!

These are Cameron's teachers, Mrs. Koedyker and Miss Castleberry.

Cameron is making a special bag to use this year.

They were able to make a frame to take home this day. Miss Independent wanted to create this herself. When the teacher tried to help her put hats on her cow and sun, Cameron refused. Later when we had the frame at home on our fridge, she was looking at it and said, "Why would people put a hat on a cow and sun?" Good question I thought.

Preschool was going well for Cameron. She was learning her letters and creating things. She even had made a "boy"friend named Drew (despite Eric's objections). Her attitude about preschool changed the day she had her first field trip to the apple orchard. She had so much fun riding the bus and hanging out with Nana E and the rest of her class she decided she was only going to preschool when they had their field trips. She told us that regular preschool had boring centers and she didn't like to color which her teachers made her do all the time.
I have noticed that Cameron's coloring sheets are covered with circles, however, I never thought I would have a child that didn't like to color! I am an art teacher! After telling Eric the whole story he said that he hates to color too. I guess Cameron takes after her dad in the art department which is fine. She'll find her niche in something else one of these days.
After convincing Cameron that she has to go to school in order to go on field trips, she reluctantly agreed. Luckily, she has not mentioned dropping out in awhile, so I think she has decided to stay. Just today she said she'd miss their kitchen.

No comments: