Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Kaylee Enters 1st Grade

This year Kaylee started First Grade, and she was ready to go back. All summer she was asking when she was going to start school because she knew that this was the year she was going to start to read. She was on the verge of reading all summer, but something in her recently clicked and she is really doing well sounding out new words. Here she is on the first day. Earlier that week her Nana E took her shopping to buy a new school outfit. She choose golfing shorts to wear.

Of course, she needed her backpack. Her dad bought her a Bears backpack when they were in the Super Bowl a couple years ago. She loves this bag.
Kaylee and I are took this picture in my classroom. I was really sad that she was in first grade and actually cried a few tears. I didn't cry when she entered Kindergarten, so the tears were a surprise to me. However, Kaylee was nice about it and gave me a hug even though she thought I was being strange. This year is really special because Kaylee will have me as her art teacher. Seeing her on Weds. mornings is the highlight of my week. I am pretty sure that she is going to be my favorite student. :)
Kaylee was excited that she got her very own desk. They sat at tables in Kindergarten.
Kaylee is sharing a locker with her friend Lauren.
Her teacher is Mrs. Moore. She was my brother Lane's favorite teacher of all time and I feel lucky that Kaylee will have her as well. Kaylee seems to enjoy her and greets her every morning with a hug.


After school Nana Z and I took Simon and the girls to Tyler's Tender to celebrate the start of school and Simon's birthday. The kids loved the train and food, plus, we got to play in the arcade too. One of Kaylee's classmates, Olivia, was there with her parents as well. The kids had so much fun that it might be a new family tradition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the blog! Please remind me to check it out often! Sue