Friday, September 25, 2009

Show and Tell

Kaylee usually has some creative ideas for her show and tell, and this week was no exception. She enjoys making Lego scenes to show or a book she recently read or a treasured stuffed animal. This week she wanted to bring her portable CD player with a small collection of Cds which wasn't surprising to me since she loves playing music in the house.

Driving home from school, I asked Kaylee how her day was. "Great! Everyone loved my show and tell," she quickly replied.

Cameron says, "Did you play them the song?"

"Yes, and I showed them the ring move and the peek a boo move..." Kaylee explained.

"What?" I say as I look in my rear view mirror at Kaylee in the backseat.

"Well, Mom. Cameron wanted me to show my class the dance routine from her recital. I did a couple of the moves, but then the teacher turned it off before the move where I get mad at the audience."

"You did what?" I said not sure I was understanding her clearly.

"Cameron and I thought my classmates would enjoy the Beyonce's "Single Ladies" song, so I played it during show and tell. Everyone liked it and had lots of questions for me. Oh yeah, and, Cameron, I told Marco about your recital like you asked me too." Then she added in a loud whisper, "Mom, Cameron likes Marco, which is weird cuz she is in preschool."

Well, I am sure that is one show and tell Kaylee's teacher will never forget. I know the other teachers have enjoyed hearing about it through the grapevine. Some even suggested a paid performance might be in order. The following Friday, Mrs. Donovan asked if she was going to bring Usher as her encore. I think it just might be the perfect follow up!

This is just so out of character for Kaylee which is why it is so funny to us. Goes to show that there is a dancer inside all of us.

Just in case I didn't already show you the dance recital the first time: My Tiny Dancer.

No comments: