Eric and I always try to ask questions to our kids about their favorite part of the day and their worst part of the day. The answer to these questions help us to gauge what is important to them during the course of the day. Some of the answers are very interesting.
Tonight while Eric was giving the kids a kiss before falling asleep, Kaylee shared what happend at recess. She has been playing more soccer with a group of girls in second grade. Their teachers always give their students strict instructions to play soccer (and other sports like basketball and baseball) only with kids in their grade. Otherwise, if younger kids play with older kids more injuries occur.
During their game today a Kindergartener ask Kaylee and the girls to play. When they told him that they weren't allowed to, he said, "I gonna beat you up!" So he left and tried to round up some friends to help him in his quest.
Later he comes back with 2 friends. Kaylee looked and laughed while saying to her posse', "He could only find 2 friends." Kaylee's classmates Joe and Eddie were told what was going on and they devised a plan for the following recess. The girls would line up in the row and if that Kindergartener came to beat them up, the boys would jump out from behind the girls and beat them down.
Altough I don't condone playground violence, I am sure glad that Kaylee has some peeps looking out for her.

1 comment:
Girls rule:) Love this one lauren.....
Post a Comment