Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gratitude and Thankfulness

November is a time in which we are reminded to be thankful. We have so much to be thankful for such as health and love. Eric and I both have wonderful families that loves us and our children so much. While I am working Eric's Aunt Kim, my mom, Eric's mom take care of Cameron. Cameron has always been very attached to her mom, however, over the past year has started to really enjoy this time with other family members. In fact, Kaylee often is jealous of the things Cam does while we are both at school. In addition, they do take turns watching our kids on the weekends if Eric and I have to go somewhere. Eric and I never forget how awesome they are for taking such good care of my kids. The girls love to paint and have been asking for awhile. Cam and I found some interesting pottery to paint and I thought it would be nice to give these to those special people. We started with a candle holder for Aunt Kim and a garden stone for my mom. Later in the week the girls are going to work on a heart box for Eric's mom. (While shopping we also found some ceramic boxes for the girls to paint each other for Christmas, but I will post on that more later.) I love art projects for the cold and rainy days in the winter.

Cam gives painting projects thumb's up, while Kaylee like to give it the okay. Kaylee's outfit is a bitty baby outfit that she and her doll share. I only point this out because Kaylee is such a tomboy that it is nice to see a more feminine side of her sometimes.
Here's some of the finished projects. Cam did the candle holder and Kaylee did the garden stone. They both painted a mini heart box. We have a lot more to do, but I want to save some for an activity another day. I will post those when they are done too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute projects! I want to come over to paint! Looks like fun.

Lauren Rue said...

Come and paint with me anytime Rachel. Hey, when are you going to start your blog?