Kaylee was also excited today because she was able to bring home a clay leaf bowl project that we worked on in art class along with a card she made for her mom and dad. Here's her project.
We took a leaf and pressed it into white clay. Then we used the leaf as a template and cut around it to get the leaf shape. Next we laid it over a bowl and let it dry for about a week. After that I fired the clay in the kiln and we painted it a copper color. I loved how this project turned out, but I know that next year I want to find a better bowl for the clay to lay on so that it doesn't have that ring in the center. Oh well. I know that my projects will get better every year. I heard the mom's loved it though and I had got some really nice messages on my voice mail. One mom even started to cry when she saw it!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Thanksgiving Chapel
Today we had a Chapel at school for Thanksgiving. I was amazed at how much food and clothes were donated to Beacon Light and Roseland Christian Ministries. I enjoyed today's chapel because the first grade lead the worship part. They had been practicing songs along with sign language and then taught the school how to do it as well. I love listening to little kids sing because they do it with such a joyful heart. Plus, they sing like no one is watching. I can't wait to see what they will do at Christmas Chapel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment