Saturday, November 1, 2008

Obama Visits Northwest Indiana

When we heard that Barack Obama was coming to town, we wanted to go and listen to him speak. The rally was being held at Wicker Park in Highland which is only about 1 and half miles down the street from our house. I wanted my kids to come as well because this might be the closest they ever come to meeting a President. After trick-or-treating we changed the girls into their pj's and drove down there. Here's Kaylee riding on Eric's shoulders while in line to get into the park. The line was so long (I would guess about 5,000 people just in line) that we were unsure that we would get into the stadium.

Here's the crowd inside the stadium. They estimated about 20, 000 people there.

We were in the back of the stadium, so our view wasn't very good. Here's Congressman Pete Visklosky introducing Obama.We waited awhile in between the introduction and Barack Obama coming on stage. We listened to the music and had a hot dog while waiting.
I wish we had a better picture of him, but here he is.
He's a charismatic speaker and I enjoyed going to the rally and feeling like we were taking part of history. However, I wish my kids enjoyed it, but they both feel asleep by the time he started his speech. Oh well. At least they can always say that they were there.

1 comment:

audrey said...

that is awesome u guys went and experienced that. :)