Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tea Parties and Teddy Bears

Today was the day of Cameron's surprise tea party. We invited two of her friends, Sadie and Bryn, to join us. We had it on a Saturday so that Eric could join the celebration with us. We started the morning with a light lunch. We had mini heart shaped cheese sandwiches, mini star pb&j sandwiches, apples, strawberries, and goldfish crackers along with our "tea" which really was lemonade. Nana Z even loaned us her special tea set for the day.Cameron had requested a castle cake for her birthday. It was a challenge because the only time I ever bake is for my Cam's birthday. (Kaylee doesn't like cake and we get her an ice cream cake every year.) However, I tried my best, and here's the result. When Cam saw it she said, "It is so beautiful." Since it is her birthday, it's the only opinion that matters. After lunch the girls played with some of Cameron's new gifts. Sadie gave her a new purse full of goodies like new hair things, nail polish, temporary tattoos, etc. All things that Cameron loves! She wore the purse for the rest of the party, and even brought it to the Painted Penguin. Bryn gave her a picture and a dog bath. The dog bath ended up being her favorite gift of them all, even more than her booster seat. Here's all the girls ready to go to the Painted Penguin. Look at Bryn in her cute little apron.Painting is one of Kaylee and Cameron's favorite things to do.Look at how hard Cam and Sadie are concentrating on their work. Here's all their finished projects. I think they all had fun, and Eric and I were pretty worn out. Even so, after we brought the mini guests home, we got ready for Eric's family to come over and celebrate Cameron's birthday as well as her cousin Caden's birthday. It was a nice casual night and we ordered pizza ate cake and watched the kids open their presents. Look at the cake Rachel made for him. It turned out so cute! They are all pull apart cupcakes. Caden really enjoyed his cake!Here's Cameron with some of her new presents. Shawn and Kelly got a new outfit for Princess Cee Cee. It was a really busy day, but she really enjoyed herself. She is a special girl, and I am so sad that she is already four. It went by so fast! When I told this to her, she reassured me that no matter how big she is she will never be too big to cuddle. I'll take it for now.

No comments: