So...the other day Cameron says to me, "I am so glad that God made
tippytoes. When I can't reach things, I just get on them and I can reach. Isn't that awesome?"
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Also, Cameron is convinced that she is going to marry her dad. She says she just loves him so much that they should get married. Kaylee told her that was impossible, but that hasn't stop Cameron from saying she still will.
Today we took some time to paint a small poster that she gets to bring to school and share with her classmates. She is special person this week since her birthday is on Wednesday. Here's the start of her poster...a self portrait. We are going to include some pictures of family on the outside of it to show her peers. She covered her face with the poster because she said that everyone would be able to tell who she was with the painting.

Here's the completed poster. She took a lot of pride in cutting out the pictures and taping them on the poster herself. I tried to help her paint her name, but she got pretty frustrated. I wrote it myself and then added a heart in the corner and told her that it was because she is very loved. She informed me that the heart was there to represent God and Jesus live there. Too precious.

Kaylee has a
strong creative side. You give her some paper, scissors, tape, and writing utensils and I am amazed at what she will create. In the past week she has been working up a storm. She made a "laptop" out of paper, crayons, tape. She also made a wallet using paper, scissors and tape. Yesterday the girls were so excited about the flurries that were falling, Kaylee
commissioned her sister into making homemade snowflakes and taped them too the wall. She even hung a string from the ceiling in our basement and added snowflakes to the string to create the
illusion of the snowflakes falling. I think that after
Thanksgiving, I will teach them how I like to create snowflakes.


The reason I love what they create is that I enjoyed creating things as a child. I remember sitting in my room painting and drawing for hours. Even though storage for all these things is becoming limited. I can't wait to see what they will create next.
No comments:
Post a Comment