Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday, Babydoll!

Today Cameron woke up and says, "I know that I am four, but I still look like I am three." Seriously, I feel like this girl is 3 going on 25. She's got a great ability to articulate her feelings which is rare for a child. What an old soul stuck in a young body.

Every year on the girls' birthday, we decorate their door. Just a family tradition that my mom used to do for me and my siblings. Another one of my family traditions was eating birthday cake for breakfast. When I told Cameron that she could have a cupcake for breakfast, she started jumping around the kitchen. Kaylee and I had to go to school, so Cameron got the whole day to hang out with Nana Z. She had a lot of special things planned for Cameron. She took her out for lunch and had Simon come over. She also got Cameron her very own cupcake maker. Cameron opened it and declared,"I have been wanting this Nana!" Good choice on her part. They spent the afternoon making cupcakes and having a tea party with lemonade.
Cameron's birthday parties are not until the weekend and her dad was out of town training sessions in Arizona, so we decided to forgo her presents until Thursday night. However, Kaylee and I did give her one present tonight. She got the new Tinkerbell movie that she has been wanting to see. So we all put on our pajamas (the other pair of Sponge Bob pj's from Kim) and watched the movie with her until she fell asleep. Overall, I think Cameron has enjoyed her birthday so far. I will post more after her parties this weekend.

1 comment:

Amber Douma said...

I love the tradition of decorating their doors on their birthday! I think that I might have to start that as a tradition for us.